Home » My Blog
Category Archives: My Blog
As Google controls about 65% of all search, Google places is perhaps the best place to start, second being Yahoo local, third being Bing local. These local business listing websites on search engines and mobile search engines can have a tremendous impact on most local business owners bottom line if the submission process is executed properly.
Now if you are a business owner and think that you have no need for using these local business directory websites, you are sadly mistaken, and we can prove it. Simply search in Google, a keyword pertaining to your business along with the area you are in- I.e- “NYC carpenters”. You should see numerous local listings search results for just about any service or business in a specific area. By performing a simple search, you should see that your competitors are already using Google local maps for their business and possibly the paid Google local pay per click service for Google maps business listings.
Local Google Listing Tips For Business Owners –
- First and foremost, keep keywords in title, description, and anywhere else keywords could be used that pertain to your business and also the area your business services – I.e”NYC carpentry”
- add all pertinent information- categories of industry, keywords, store hours, brands/products,main services
- add videos
- add pictures,logo
- tracking 1-800 phone number
- Add offers and coupons frequently to your listings
Google Local Business Listing Services
Once you have added all relevant information to your businesses Google maps listing, you will be asked to confirm all information of the listing. Once you have confirmed your business information, you will be asked how you want to confirm your Google maps business listing with Google for final approval. There are generally two options, one being a postcard, which is sent out by Google to your business address. On this postcard is a special pin number that you will need to enter into your Google maps business listing before Google lists your Google maps business listing in search engines and mobile search engines. The other option for final confirmation of your local Google business listing is by confirming by phone/mobile phone. This method works similar to the first option, meaning you select the “phone confirmation” option, Google then calls the business phone number entered in your Google business listing dashboard with a pin number, you then simply enter this pin number in the input field on the same page you selected the phone confirmation option.
After your Google listing is confirmed, your local business listing should be live within 24-48 hours.
Does this sound a little to confusing for you? If so,you could use a Google local business listing service or a Google Maps listing service to get this type of internet marketing completed for your business.
Local Business Marketing and Local Advertising Online
It is highly recommended that your business not only uses local business directory websites, but also other forms of organic search engine marketing services and internet marketing services. By doing so, your business would receive more exposure to its storefront, website, local online business listings, social media profiles, and content and media sites. Effectively using internet marketing services and mobile marketing services can ultimately provide more traffic, exposure, phone calls, leads, and sales for your business.
The question you need to ask yourself is- Can your business afford NOT to use internet marketing and internet advertising services, mobile marketing and mobile advertising services, and local internet marketing services?
We will leave it you, your business, and your main competition…
How can a local business get on the first page of Google? This question is one of the most asked about, and at the same time, one that is most misunderstood by business owners, so I will do my best to answer it in this article.
Most business owners are not very knowledgeable about how the Internet can help their local business, and therefore they tend to shy away from it, but the truth is that unless they are prepared for the golden opportunity that is being handed to them, on a plate by Google and the other search engines, the chances are that their business will not grow, and could indeed fail.
For some time now Google have known that people have changed the way that they look for services in their local areas, and now they search for things on the internet, rather than looking in the local newspapers for them, and this can be proved by the noticeable drop in newspaper and Yellow pages advertising.
Because of this Google have changed the way that it gives the people that are searching for services, search results that are showing local results first, giving local businesses an advantage over their competitors.
In recent years there has also been a sharp increase in the number business directories, and most of them allow businesses to list their business for free, of course some will also try to sell you a premium position, but this is not necessary.
Google have now introduced their own version of business listings, and have called it Google places, and you can also list your business for free in it.
Both the local business listings and Google places work closely together, and therefore many business listings have been picked up by Google, so there are a lot local businesses that have a listing on Google places and have not claimed their listing, as they don’t even know that they have one.
These local listings, together with Google places are very powerful, and give the business owner the chance to get their business onto the first page of Google in their local area, as well as the other main search engines.
There are only seven places available on the first page of Google, so therefore the listings will need to be properly done, to give the best chance of getting on the first page.
Combining the above strategy with your own local business website, and linking the local listings, as well as the Google Places listing to the website, can result in not only having your local Google places listing on the first page, but also your business website showing in the organic listings below the Google places listings, giving you double the chance of being found.
For this to happen though your website will have to be well optimized (meaning that it will come up for several search phrases), if you don’t know how to do this then it’s worth spending some money to get it done properly.
I hope that you are now getting the idea on how a local business can get onto the first page of Google in your local area.
The Internet has made it an even smaller world by creating a global community built on a network of links. While it is a common occurrence to communicate with a friend or co-work across the global via the Internet, consumers are turning to local search results to assist in their next buying decision. The only question now is, will consumers within your marketplace find your local business when it comes time for them to use your product of service?
Google local search platform is making it extremely easy for consumers to find relevant, local information regarding their search inquiry. In fact, Google Places has created millions of business listings for local businesses in their effort to provide relevant search results to their users. All the owner needs to do is claim their local listing and optimize if for maximum results. No web design experience or budget required to have your business listed in Google and other search engines.
During the early days of the Internet it was required that local businesses built a website and spend time or money on getting a good ranking within the search engines. Today, it is much easier to get your business listed in front of local consumers. Local search marketing should begin with claiming and optimizing your local business listing on the number of business directories such as Google Places.
Here are just a few benefits of listing your business in online directories.
- Search Result Listing – While phone books are still in use (often as a booster seat or door jam) more and more people are turning to the search engines to find local businesses. Claiming your business’ listing and optimizing it for maximum results allows searches to quickly determine where your business is located and provides contact information. Often, consumers do not want to travel too far out of their way to purchase whatever it is they are seeking. Google’s local search platform makes it easy for consumers to find the physical location of a business serving the local community.
- Social Proof – Social proof has long been a determining factor when consumers are making a buying decision. Having a local search marketing in place for your local business is a strategy that can boost sales without increasing your advertising budget. If your business provides exceptional products and services it is wise to encourage your happy clients to leave a testimonial.
- Having a local business listing appear on the search engines that is full of satisfied customer testimonials is a surefire way to generate new business. It also provides an opportunity to hear what your customers are not happy with and ways to improve their experience with your local business.
- Mobile Ready – With the popularity of mobile devices such as the Smartphones and the iPads, it is becoming increasingly important for local business to be mobile ready and this is as simple as claiming your local business listing. Over 50% of new Internet connections are through the use of a mobile device and many of these devices have the option of pulling GPS information which becomes extremely useful to the user on the go. Having your local business listed in online directories provides for a greater chance that your business will show up in GPS devices in cars and definitely within the search results from Google, Yahoo and Bing. While mobile marketing is a subject on it’s own, having your local business listed in the online directories is a great starting point.